Over 25 Ways To Ask Your Kids - So how was school today? Without asking them - So how was school today?
The list is great but a few stands out for me are:
• What was the best thing that happened at school today?
• Tell me something that made you laugh today.
• How did you help somebody today?
• If you got to be the teacher tomorrow what would you do?
• Tell me a weird word that you heard today.
• Tell me one thing that you learned today.
• Tell me about three different times you used your pencil today at school.
• If an alien spaceship came to your class and beamed up someone who would you want them to take?
• Is there anyone in your class that needs a time out?
• If I called your teacher tonight what would she tell me about you?
Some questions maybe uncomfortable for you as the teacher, but taken positively may improve your teaching, and subsequently the the learning environment of the student:
• When were you bored today?
I recommend reading the full article: 25 Ways To Ask Your Kids “So how was school today?” Without Asking them “So how was school today?”
The writer did a follow-up list titled: 25 Ways to Ask Your Teens “How Was School Today?” WITHOUT asking them “How Was School Today?”