A mighty useful free resource that had up until now escaped my attention. If you are a teacher of any grade looking for an easy to use professional resource site then just head over to the PBS Learning Media website and have a wander through it yourself.
Highlights for me include:
• Content by calendar - content by major holidays, observances, important dates, and themes
• Assign lesson and quizzes to students by generating a simple URL to share
• Browse by grade and subject
• Lessons complete with free media spanning multiple subjects for preschool through 12th grade.
• Cost-free K-12 interactive websites, videos, eBooks, images and sound files.
• Curious George videos.
• A digital storyboard that students can also use. I've not tried this as yet.
• Social studies
• English language arts and literacy
• Health and physical education
• World languages
Teaching Standards: Common Core State standards and National Standards.
It all runs through the browser so no app required, although any flash based content will not, as per usual, display on an iPad.