Technology in the classroom and teacher resources blog
Thousands of innovative, standards-aligned digital resources, compelling student experiences, and professional development opportunities.
A mighty useful free resource that had up until now escaped my attention. If you are a teacher of any grade looking for an easy to use professional resource site then just head over to the PBS Learning Media website and have a wander through it yourself. Highlights for me include:
- Content by calendar - content by major holidays, observances, important dates, and themes
- Assign lesson and quizzes to students by generating a simple URL to share
- Browse by grade and subject
- Lessons complete with free media spanning multiple subjects for preschool through 12th grade.
- Cost-free K-12 interactive websites, videos, eBooks, images and sound files.
- Curious George videos.
- A digital storyboard that students can also use. I've not tried this as yet.
- Social studies
- English language arts and literacy
I attended a wonderful PD session over the weekend. Explain Everything came recommended for use by teachers and students.
For making flipped classroom videos it seemed a breeze. It doesn't have the interactive quizzes found in PowerPoints Mix, but I can just export the completed movie into that.
For students we were shown some great classroom examples. I'll write up more later. The video below shows the potential.Read more >>>
Amazon recommendations to The Magic Crayons visitors…
Endless Fun for Kids. Peace of Mind for Parents. Thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games
Medical Grade Disposable, Convenient Dispenser Pack of 100
Variety Pack Travel Sized Jelly Wrap Bottles (Case of 8)
17.75" Height, 11.75" Width, 11.75" Length, Assorted Colors (Pack of 5)
Soft Case, 299-Piece Kit