Technology in the classroom and teacher resources blog
Queensland Government, Australia - Department of Education and Training
In the first of hopefully some interesting posts is this ICT - Policies category is from the Queensland Government, Australia - Department of Education and Training.
A comprehensive and well developed site.
Smart Classrooms is a comprehensive strategy for digital education in Queensland state schools.
The key to the strategy is that it is student-centric; recognising the demand, from both students and their parents, for seamless movement between learning at school, home, work and play.
Smart Classrooms provides direction for harnessing the learning and business potential of ICT now and into the future.
Areas of interest that require further reading by myself are (text from the website):
- The Digital Classroom project features information, resources and professional development opportunities to support schools in understanding, planning and developing environments and experiences for students learning in digitally-rich contexts.
- Digital Practice Guide is designed to reflect the range of ways in which education support staff often engage with students working digitally.
- Working Digitally is a reflection of how schools use digital technology as a way of moving from traditional to transformational ways of working.
- Developing Professionals articulates expectations regarding teacher and leader capabilities necessary to deliver quality teaching and learning in a contemporary learning environment.
- Enabling Learners focuses on establishing effective learning environments necessary to address the needs of learners in a complex changing world.
- Harnessing the Enterprise Platform focuses on the processes, systems and practices necessary to develop and maintain effective learning and business productivity.